httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: mod_proxy debug warnings
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2004 19:23:52 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:54:02 -0500, Stas Bekman <> wrote:
>>Mladen Turk wrote:
>>>Probably adding getpid() would give more sense to that log line.
>>That's a good idea, but the amount of output doesn't make much sense to
>>me, since I start only 2 procs (prefork). why do I get 34 reports then?
>>I'd expect 2 lines, no?
> messages in a child init hook will spew any time a new child process
> is created, whether at initialization (starting enough child processes
> to reach the StartServers limit), or later on during steady state
> (adding processes as load increases or replacing processes which
> exited due to MaxRequestsPerChild)

Doesn't look like the case, I've just rebuilt worker and the config is:

<IfModule worker.c>
     StartServers         1
     MinSpareThreads      2
     MaxSpareThreads      2
     ThreadsPerChild      2
     MaxClients           4
     MaxRequestsPerChild  0

So it's not possible that the number of logs relates to the number of
child_init calls. Though I do have 32 vhosts, which matches much better
the number of debug lines (33). So does it print one per vhost?

Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker     mod_perl Guide --->

View raw message