httpd-dev mailing list archives

From NormW <no...@bocnet.com.au>
Subject Re: httpd-2.1 and apr-?
Date Sun, 21 Nov 2004 05:36:05 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> I believe APR-Trunk is broken on Netware as noted in my r105905 commit
> message. (This commit split APR Pollset into multiple files).
>
> If you want something that works now, APR-1.0.1 should work for Netware.
>
> Otherwise, you need to add poll/unix/select.c to the Netware build.
>
> NormW wrote:
>
>> Greetings All,
>> Just trying to get building back together after the change to SVN and
>> find I now get:
>>
>> Linking Release/aprlib.nlm
>> ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
>> #   Exported symbol 'APRLIB@apr_poll' cannot be resolved
>> ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
>> #   Exported symbol 'APRLIB@apr_pollset_destroy' cannot be resolved
>> ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
>> #   Exported symbol 'APRLIB@apr_poll' cannot be resolved
>> ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
>> #   Exported symbol 'APRLIB@apr_pollset_destroy' cannot be resolved
>>
>> Errors caused tool to abort.
>> make[1]: *** [Release/aprlib.nlm] Error 1
>> make: *** [srclib\apr] Error 2
>>
>> In the previous setup, 2.1 came with it's own APR & APR-UTIL hooked
>> onto the .\srclib directory, but no such convenience now... what
>> version of APR/APR-UTIL should I be using with 2.1 CVS ...er trunk?
>>
>> TIA,
>> Norm
>>

> .

Good afternoon Paul,
First off thanks for the reply, and hope your weekend is being better used.
I got to looking at this newfangled svn (after taking ages to get the
hang of CVS, even if there was still a touch of magic to it), and found
there was an apr 1.0 branch, so got that down and was able to get passed
the original problem....
However... my NetWare building wants to complain about:

Compiling modules/http/http_request.c
### mwccnlm Compiler:
#    File: modules\http\http_request.c
# ------------------------------------
#     219:          apr_bucket *e =
apr_bucket_flush_create(c->bucket_alloc);
#   Error:          ^^^^^^^^^^
#   expression syntax error

 From a little experience with CodeWarrior (their name choice, not
mine), normally CW doesn't like symbols getting a 'first-time'
appearence in the middle of a function with structure prefixes, and by
defining 'e' at the start of the function
    apr_bucket *e;
and just using
    e = apr_bucket_flush_create(...' at line 219 then it all glues
together without issue.

Some where between the last CVS update to http_request.c and what is
currently in httpd-2.1 /trunk, the check_pipeline_flush() routine was
updated and the 'update' broke CW...

Someone care to put some BlueTack on this please?

Regards, and thanks for the quick reply.
Norm