httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject End of Life Policy
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:32:17 GMT
So, we are nearing a new stable branch.  For the first time in a long
time we will have a no-longer-developed-but-stable-branch in wide use.
(2.0.x)

I would like to have a semi-official policy on how long we will provide
security backports for 2.0 releases.

I suggest a value between 6 and 12 months.

Many distrobutions will provide their own security updates anyways, so
this would be a service to only a portion of our users.

As always, this is open source, and I would not stop anyone from
continuing support for the 2.0.x branch. My goal is to help set our end
user's expectations for how long they have to upgrade to 2.2.

Thoughts?

-Paul Querna