httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Estrade <mestr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: [PROPOSAL-VOTE] Adopt lazy consensus for backports...
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:45:14 GMT
IMHO, I am not sure we need lazy backport on stable 2.0.
Lazy backport on 2.0 make it less stable, working for 2.1 is not really
exciting because nobody or really few people use it.
The new auth layer in 2.1 is better than 2.0, inside 2.1 for a long time
now, but not popular as it should be.

I think 2.1 is not public enough
Actually, i think people don't take time to use cvs + cvs on apr and
apr-util, or don't take time to find snapshot to use 2.1. They also
don't telnet apache.org to look what we are running. They go on
httpd.apache.org, follow download link, and take 2.0.

A good solution would be to schedule some snapshot based on time (time
is impartial and we will not fall in unfinished discussion) and some
release based on dev and stability, and communicate more on these new
features and enhancement

Regards,

Matthieu