httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: PCRE in 2.1/2.2
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:51:13 GMT
* Brian Pane wrote:

> Okay, I checked out the patch attached to that bug.  Supporting the use
> of an external copy of PCRE makes sense.

+1 on concept.

> The patch also changes various
> core PCRE function names to ap_*.  That definitely helps prevent
> collisions with libc or libpthread versions of the regex functions on
> some platforms, but changing the PCRE function names may be
> controversial... would any other committers care to chime in with their
> thoughts on this?

I'm wondering if there isn't a better solution for this. But if we'd need to
change the names, I think we should do this more centralized, i.e. a header
file, which contains some defines and is included in proper files. This
would keep the patches against the upstream more clear. Shouldn't that
work?

> Meanwhile, now that we have the latest release of PCRE in httpd-2.1, one
> option would help somewhat would be to backport it into httpd-2.0.

I'm -1 on backporting PCRE 5.0 to 2.0.

nd
--
Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook.