httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: PATCH: call aclocal for PCRE in buildconf
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:44:19 GMT
On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 03:19:44PM -0800, Brian Pane wrote:
> I found that the configure.in in recent releases of PCRE uses some
> autoconf macros that won't work unless aclocal is called first to
> produce a proper aclocal.m4: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL and AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL

Those macros should not be left in pcre/configure.in in a merge to a
newer PCRE, PCRE should not create and use its own copy of libtool, that
way lies disaster - configure.in would need to be adjusted to work as
the current build does, using the APR-supplied libtool script.

So it shouldn't be necessary to run aclocal.

joe