httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/ssl config.m4
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:03:57 GMT
On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 10:54:57AM -0600, William Rowe wrote:
> Sorry, veto on this one.  I actually have a module that uses
> mod_ssl's implementation to inject an apache ssl filter for
> an ftp datastream.  Please, revert.

I guess your module has been broken against HEAD since mod_ssl.h stopped
exposing mod_ssl internals, so that's not good justification to revert
this.  You can't get to mod_ssl internal functions at compile time
already: this just hides them at link time too.

> Aside from this, the solution is unlikely to be truly portable.

It's a libtool flag and libtool either supports or ignores it.

joe