httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo>
Subject Re: suggestion: strip comments from served html pages
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2004 17:47:11 GMT
* "Tobias Skytte" <> wrote:

> Many webpages include alot of comments in the html code. Sometimes this
> can me more than 50% of the file! At the same time the internet is getting
> more and more congested. Why not introduce and option to remove the
> comments from the served file?

Because it makes more sense to strip them before putting them online. And what
is a comment?

   foo {bar}

? Yes, if it's XHTML, No if it's HTML. Well, that is solvable. We'd just need
an XHTML parser with HTML specialities, tag soup recignizer etc. pp.

Still sounds good?

> Also, this option should be enabled by default, since many admins probably
> wont bother to enable it.

You're actually suggesting to modify served content by default?! I'm
proposing to add your mail address as default for all related bugzilla
entries ;-)

Gib' mal folgendes in die Kommandozeile ein (und einen Moment warten):

net send localhost "Buuuh!"
Na, erschreckt?                              -- Markus Becker in mpdsh

View raw message