httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Gustavo A. Baratto" <>
Subject Re: RFC for a Perchild-like-MPM
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 03:18:26 GMT
 > I think the only part missing right now is the ability to compile
 > Apache to function as a FastCGI client, and accept requests over
 > FastCGI instead of HTTP. That can be a full version of Apache,
 > or a slimmed-down version (e.g. with no input/output filters).

It is a great idea use FastCGI's process manager to spawn httpd processes.
FastCGI as it is now is ok when we need to execute stuff with another UID
other than the webserver's.... But it doesn't address the reading part,
which still have to be done by 'www' user... and this is a major problem.

View raw message