httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject nagoya using mod_cache for Eyebrowse...
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 18:51:23 GMT
I'm feeling semi-confident enough in mod_cache's current status that I've
deployed a current httpd-2.1 CVS snapshot to nagoya and enabled mod_cache,
mod_disk_cache, and mod_expires for Eyebrowse.  I've set a one-hour expiration
for all resources under /eyebrowse.  (Eyebrowse is behind a ProxyPass to a
standalone Tomcat instance, so this also tests the new proxy code.)

To my knowledge, this is the first time we've eaten our own cache food.
Needless to say, the ViewLists page (<http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/>)
returns *really* fast now.  ;-)  Without the cache, it takes roughly 20
seconds to return the resource.  With the cache active, it takes less than 1
second.  (And, my network's mandatory transparent proxy is now also caching
the representations, too: which makes my testing all the more fun.)

If all goes well with this deployment, during ApacheCon in two weeks, I'd like
to propose moving mod_cache out of experimental as one of the last steps
before starting towards a 2.2 release cycle.  -- justin