httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Event MPM
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:03:03 GMT
--On Tuesday, October 26, 2004 6:55 PM -0400 Greg Ames
<gregames@remulak.net> wrote:

> It might work fine, but we already have a MODE_EATCRLF call which ought
> to do the job (down to the core_input_filter anyway) as long as we
> remember what it returned.  Are you suggesting that we replace that?
> Would that solve some data-stashed-in-connection-filter cases?

Yes as I don't think EATCRLF is the right thing to do here.  I'd suggest
replacing the EATCRLF with the non-blocking speculative read and seeing how
that works.  The side-effect of eating CRLFs is unnecessary.  It should do
the same thing and would be a more general solution as well as it can be
called several times and should return the same thing each time.  -- justin