httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: mod_disk_cache directives naming convention
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 17:38:58 GMT
--On Thursday, October 7, 2004 7:21 PM +0200 Andreas Steinmetz <ast@domdv.de>
wrote:

> Not nice, IMHO. One major problem that prevents the use of apache 2.x for me
> is the fact that the cache size cannot be constrained. A cache that can grow
> without constraint can't be used on production systems.

Feel free to submit a patch that efficiently allows the constraint of the
cache size.  I just don't see a way to do that as mod_disk_cache does not have
any indexing.

IMHO, instead of making a false promise, we should remove it.  If we were to
add such a feature later, we can add such directives accordingly.  -- justin