httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Madhusudan Mathihalli <mam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache with Security Processor - Interesting
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:03:50 GMT
Well.. not exactly based on my experience (may be I'm wrong or worked
around something)

Here's what I did:
1. Enable loading of 'dynamic' engine by default
2. Specify "SSLCryptoDevice <my_engine>"
3. Put lib<my_engine>.so in apache/lib
4. set SHLIB_PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH in apachectl to point to apache/lib

This enabled me to start up Apache with the configured crypto engine.
I think the only limitation here is :

If you configure "SSLCryptoDevice <engine_name>", the corresponding
shared library name should be : lib<engine_name>.so

-Madhu