httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject Re: buffered logs + piped logs
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:03:06 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:

> Speculation: the buffer is being flushed, but the piped logger is
> SIGTERMed already just like the restart case, per PR 26467?

Perhaps.  Any progress on that?

My performance drops when I disable buffered logs, and I would like to
be able to do piped logs.  I modified rotatelogs to use a buffer similar
to buffered logs in mod_log_config.c.  It registers a sigterm handler to
flush the log.

I would like to be able to have "external" logging, so I can rotate with
out a restart.  I would also like to still be able to do graceful
restarts.  I thought about using unix domain sockets.  I didn't want to
replicate someone else's work.  I couldn't find anything on google.  Any
suggestions (doen's have to use unix sockets)?

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer