httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Allan Edwards <a...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/support/win32 ApacheMonitor.c
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:10:42 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
[snip]
> Both apr and libhttpd has more then 100 of those
> when /Wp64 is used, so IMO we would just hide the problems under
> carpet if just casting every 64->32 warning found.

Agreed, hiding underlying problems is not acceptable.
I am trying to address the many warnings that a
Win64 build spits out in the correct way, not just
for the sake of suppressing warnings.

> For example inside http_protocol.c you have:
(i.e. in the current http_protocol.c code)

> 'int len = strlen(method)', that is wrong by all means, but I
> wouldn't write that as 'int len = (int)strlen(method)' just to make
> the compiler happy, but rather use 'size_t len = strlen(method)'.

Agreed. In the patch just posted you'll see mod_win32.c takes the
approach you suggest, as does a patch I have been working on that
addresses http_protocol.c and other warnings. I will be posting
this shortly.

> Well, that one is probably OK. I was talking about the concept
> of not casting just for the sake of making compiler happy.

Agree.

Thanks, Allan