httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Allan Edwards <a...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/support/win32 ApacheMonitor.c
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:34:54 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> That's true, but the strlen can never be int (negative).
> The API is DWORD meaning 32 bit unsigned integer, so either
> cast to API or no cast.

You are correct that for WriteConsole the cast should
have been DWORD - I will fix that, thanks

For TextOut and lstrcpyn the parameter is in fact int
so we either have to cast to int and assmume the
string length will never by > 2Gig (seems reasonable),
or we need to explicitly check for strlen > 2Gig and
fail if it is, or use a different API (if there is one).

What do you suggest?
Allan