httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r.pl...@t-online.de (Rüdiger Plüm)
Subject Re: Permissions of directories created by mod_disk_cache
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:44:10 GMT

Andreas Steinmetz wrote:
> Jeff Trawick wrote:

[..cut..]

>> Your umask setting can further restrict the permissions specified by
>> Apache, but it cannot be used to make the permissions more liberal.
>>
>> What permissions do you suggest for the directories?
>

> If mod_disk_cache still stores authentication credentials (I didn't
> check for a while) on disk I'd strongly suggest to keep 700.

I does not do any longer. mod_cache refuses to cache documents that require
authorization. I think this is also an RFC requirement (Justin, correct?).
BTW: The .headers file which would contain the authorization header is already
created with more liberal permission (I think 666 if the umask is set to 000).