httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Bye bye welcome page
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:44:01 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

> As the first stage of a simplification of the default config in 2.1
> (only!), I'm going to remove all the html files under
> httpd-2.1/docs/docroot/ and replace them with an index.html file
> containing only <html><body><h1>It works!</h1></body></html>

Is it possible to say a little bit more than just "it works"? Maybe
something like "The webserver installation is successful, and the
websrver is currently running. To host your own content, please replace
this file with your website content and reload this URL in your browser."

The idea is that it says enough to give the user assurance that the
server is working, but at the same time addresses your concerns of
comebacks to us. Thoughts?

Regards,
Graham