httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r.pl...@t-online.de (Rüdiger Plüm)
Subject Permissions of directories created by mod_disk_cache
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 12:25:51 GMT
Hi all,

I noticed that the permissions of the directories created by mod_disk_cache are set to
700 whereas the permissions of the files storing the header information respect the
umask and thus have more permissions (at least in my case with my umask).
If this behaviour is intended for security reasons, ok, but if not I am happy to open
a report in bugzilla and provide a patch.
The reason why I would like to see more permissions for the directories:

I run and manage my Apache with two users that share the same group. One user is used
to run Apache, the other one is used to administer Apache (configuration, logfiles).
Tasks that need root permissions are done with sudo. So I would like to have the possibility
to inspect these directories (and maybe clean them by hand if needed) with my administrative
user. But for this the group needs all permissions.

Regards

Rüdiger