httpd-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.cl...@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Subject Re: PATCH to use apr-iconv
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 08:56:03 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 06:38 PM 10/4/2004, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>

>>I have some issues with the proposed patch in that it moves some configure logic that
really belongs in apr-util over to httpd: i.e. configuration of apr-iconv should be done by
apr-util not by httpd, httpd should only be aware of iconv via the apu-*-config scripts, etc.
 -- justin

> 100% agreed - if you look at the doxygen, these interfaces are
> private to apr-util, users aren't to count on apr-iconv itself.

I have now moved all the logic to apr-util. Find enclosed the new patch.
To get it working checkout apr-iconv in srclib and add
"--with-iconv=`pwd`/srclib/apr-iconv".

More comments?