httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: PATCH to use apr-iconv
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 23:38:30 GMT
--On Monday, October 4, 2004 6:05 PM -0500 "William A. Rowe, Jr."
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> At 12:00 PM 10/4/2004, Jean-Frederic wrote:
>
>> I have prepared a patch to use apr-iconv instead "GNU" or system iconv.
>
> I'm not hearing alot of interest in maintaining apr-iconv, and
> instead perhaps using the BSD port iconv-2.0 for Win32 and non
> iconv platforms.
>
> What are other people's thoughts on this?

Agreed that apr-iconv could (should?) be restricted to Win32/NetWare/etc
only.  Either that, or someone needs to take the time to correctly
integrate apr-iconv into the system.

I have some issues with the proposed patch in that it moves some configure
logic that really belongs in apr-util over to httpd: i.e. configuration of
apr-iconv should be done by apr-util not by httpd, httpd should only be
aware of iconv via the apu-*-config scripts, etc.  -- justin