httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_include.c
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:08:13 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 jim@apache.org wrote:
> >  +   1.3.32: Tagged October 18, 2004. Not released.
>
> It may be silly to argue over, but for all intents and purposes, 1.3.32
> was released.  We just never sent an email announcement.  It's on the
> website, it's in the distribution directory, and it hit slashdot.
>
> Formally, I think we can consider something released once it hits
> /dist/httpd/.

Maybe I should say "formally released " :)

Yeah, it's a pain that, when you get down to it,
once we make things available to mirrors, we might as well
just Announce as well. That delay just doesn't make
sense anymore. Heck, we have people scanning
/dev/dist :)

    "There 10 types of people: those who read binary and everyone else."