httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: mod_deflate.c problems
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:50:19 GMT
--On Friday, October 8, 2004 3:59 PM +0100 Joe Orton <jorton@redhat.com> wrote:

> zutil.h isn't really needed at all; in fact whole the gzip header could
> be in an immortal bucket, much less overhead than jumping through the
> psprintf code.  Try this?

I think we tried to hard-code OS_CODE to 0x03 initially and ran into some type
of portability problem.  That's why we were trying to set it 'correctly.'
Either way, it could still be an immortal bucket - that part of your change is
probably goodness.

Jean-Frederic's problem just appears to be a warning because his install is
corrupt somehow.  It looks like he has conflicting zlib installations - so I'd
also expect the linker to get confused as well.  -- justin