httpd-dev mailing list archives

From John Rowe <>
Subject RE: Bye bye welcome page
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:08:22 GMT

> > If I was a newbie, and I saw a page that says `it worked`, my immediate
> > reaction would be `what worked?` and I would start asking the exact
> > questions we`re trying to stop people from asking.
> We can always go with simply displaying a meaningless word like 'Waboozle'.

And so the madness begins again..

Let's just trust Josh to come up with a really short message like "Your
web server installation has succeeded, now you need to write some
content." or "It worked!". And yes, it's only in english.

At the end of the day, if somebody can't work out what that means who's
going to want to read their pages anyway? :-)

View raw message