httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new config organization for 2.1
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 18:21:18 GMT
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:12:30 -0400 (Est (heure d'été)), Joshua Slive
<joshua@slive.ca> wrote:
> A straw-man proposal for a new config organization is at
> http://www.apache.org/~slive/newconf/

it looks good to me; I guess all those little pieces need
extra/foo-std.conf  so that users will pick up our new best ideas when
they reinstall a newer level of Apache, yet not break their local
modifications

or maybe a directory structure for the std versions would be better

conf-std/             this version of Apache's default configuration
conf-std/extra/

conf/                  populated with conf-std/ the first time user
does '"make install"; not
                         modified afterwards
conf/extra