httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About mod_setenvif in general, application to mod_deflate in particular.
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:26:33 GMT
On 24 Sep 2004 16:15:31 +0200, Francois PESCE <fp-axiliance@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> For example, in a reverse proxy architecture, this feature may allow to
> gzip/deflate documents according to their Content-Type, and not only to
> the request-uri or other client-side provided information that may hide
> the real content of what is requested (documents requested via a web
> applications are good examples too).

if the reverse proxy code calls ap_set_content_type(),

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE

should work.

(The connector module for a java application server I know of makes
the ap_set_content_type() call, enabling features like adding the
DEFLATE filter based on content-type.)

if ap_set_content_type() doesn't get called for reverse proxy, that's
a bug to fix anyway