httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rotatelogs crashes after fork() and execve() on Solaris/Intel
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:49:03 GMT
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:51:07 +0100, Joe Orton <jorton@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 04:52:51PM -0700, Michael Corcoran wrote:
> > I've also attached a trace of the process after applying a patch that
> > I've been using for a while (since version 2.0.49, or something).  Here
> > is the patch to ./srclib/apr/threadproc/unix/proc.c
>
> I think the correct fix is to backport the change to use
> APR_SHELLCMD_ENV from HEAD; this patch should also fix the problem with
> the 2.0.51 APR unchanged:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/server/log.c?r1=1.144&r2=1.147

avoid the mystery path?

> I don't think anyone was aware that this problem could cause
> segfaults...

true, though I saw a report of a crash in that same piece of code long
ago, probably from the same user, and never could explain it; I think
"compiler bug" is at least as likely the cause as anything else

no problems here with piped loggers on Solaris/x86 with at least some
levels of gcc