httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: new config organization for 2.1
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:27:47 GMT

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> At 01:08 PM 9/24/2004, Paul Querna wrote:
>> On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 13:12 -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
>>> A straw-man proposal for a new config organization is at
>>> http://www.apache.org/~slive/newconf/
>>
>> Looks pretty good.  I think this is a good direction to move.
>>
>> Any reason the Netware MPM part cannot be removed from near the top?
>
> Don't pidfile, user and group directives belong in the mpm conf?

My idea is to put into httpd.conf all the directives that a "typical" user
needs to look at when configuring a very basic apache, so I'm not grouping
strictly by module.  I believe that PidFile and User/Group fall in that
category.  (They shouldn't need to change PidFile, but they need to know
where it is.)

I also think I will probably put a commented-out MaxClients (and
equivalent win32/netware) directive back in httpd.conf, since that is
another important mpm-related directive that everyone needs to know about.

Joshua.