httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject ap_log_perror behaviour and LogLevel?
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:51:50 GMT

This has been nagging me for a while, first with reference to
mod_diagnostics, and now with mod_filter.

log_error_core takes a server_rec argument.  If that argument is
NULL, it will return without logging anything unless loglevel is
APLOG_NOTICE or greater than ap_default_loglevel.  ap_log_perror
calls log_error_core with server==NULL, so verbose LogLevels fail.

Later in log_error_core is another test:
   if ((level & APLOG_STARTUP) != APLOG_STARTUP) { ... }
which looks more appropriate.

Is there a reason for this behavoiur?  I'd like to be able to use
ap_log_perror with LogLevel debug or info.

--
Nick Kew