httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <>
Subject Re: Style changes (was: AddOutputFilterByType oddness)
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:53:02 GMT
--On Thursday, September 23, 2004 5:38 PM +0200 Graham Leggett
<> wrote:

> At the same time I (and others) have been criticised in the past for trying
> to propose patches that do style changes or that correct whitespace.
> What is the official policy on this?
> I am quite happy to do as much style cleanups that are necessary, on
> condition nobody objects to me doing so.

Some guidelines: Separate style changes from functional changes.  You should
also do large style commits before doing large functional commits (there are a
couple of cases where it makes sense to reverse that though).  Style changes
only get applied to the HEAD - they can't be backported to 2.0.

I think if you follow that, you won't get much flack.  But, there are a number
of modules that are getting hard to maintain because they don't comply.  So, I
think it behooves us to try to clean them up before we start 2.2.  -- justin

View raw message