httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Removing the Experimental MPMs in 2.2?
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:55:29 GMT

On Sep 2, 2004, at 11:25 PM, Paul Querna wrote:

> Do we want to include the experimental MPMs in the 2.2 GA Branch?
>
> Currently the MPMs in server/mpm/experimental are:
>  - leader
>  - perchild
>  - threadpool
>
> My personal feeling is to *not* include them in the 2.2 branch at this
> time.  If any of the experimental MPMs are improved to a state we feel
> they can be tested, then lets put them back in the GA branch, in the
> experimental directory.  If after more testing in the GA branch they
> prove stable, we can then take them out of experimental.

I'm not sure what you mean... I think that, at the source
code level, all experimental modules (whether MPMs or
not) should be included (but not *built* when doing
packages). After all, the hope is that people try them
out and provide fixes, patches, etc...

So I am +1 in keeping experimental modules in.