httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <san...@temme.net>
Subject Re: Proposal to create testers@httpd
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:10:13 GMT

On Sep 28, 2004, at 4:36 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> I have an ongoing fight with the amount of spam at the two testers
> lists, and because there is not a useful distinction, I'm thinking
> that for those who want to participate, one list is sufficient.

+1

> Would anyone object to merging the participants of stable-testers@
> and current-testers@ into a single testers@ list for httpd.apache.org?

Are these lists announce-only, or are they discussion lists? I think
the place to discuss the merits of test tarballs would be on dev@httpd.
Having a separate discussion list for testers would keep information
away from the folks on dev@.

As it is, I myself would probably not subscribe to the new testers@
list, since the announcements show up on dev@ anyway, but I see the
advantage of such a list for folks who like a heads-up for new releases
without having to delve into the development list.

S. (my 2c)