httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/experimental cache_storage.c cache_util.c mod_cache.c mod_cache.h mod_disk_cache.c mod_mem_cache.c
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:13:43 GMT
--On Thursday, September 23, 2004 2:55 PM -0400 Bill Stoddard
<bill@wstoddard.com> wrote:

> This little gem causes a regression. Because cache->handle is left NULL,
> we never cleanup stale entries in the cache (in cache_save_filter). Once
> CacheMaxExpires hits, the stale entry will never be garbage collected
> from the cache and replaced by a new entry.  Two ways to fix this come to
> mind right off hand (neither are optimal i expect):

Well, I don't know about mod_mem_cache, but I don't believe this affects
mod_disk_cache.  mod_disk_cache overwrites the old entry if it is told to
do so.  It's possible that mod_mem_cache should do the same.

FWIW, your 2 patches are identical.  Not sure if that's what you intended
or not.  ;-)  -- justin