httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 configure.in
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:28:52 GMT
--On Monday, September 20, 2004 12:12 PM +0000 jorton@apache.org wrote:

> jorton      2004/09/20 05:12:01
>
>   Modified:    .        configure.in
>   Log:
>   * configure.in: Ensure that $CC and $CPP are correctly passed through
>   to the pcre configure script if config caching is disabled (the
>   autoconf 2.5x default).

FWIW, this commit breaks the build when a cache file is used.

configuring package in srclib/pcre now
configure: loading cache .../config.cache
configure: error: `CC' was not set in the previous run
configure: error: `CPP' was not set in the previous run
configure: error: changes in the environment can compromise the build
configure: error: run `make distclean' and/or `rm .../config.cache' and
start over
configure failed for srclib/pcre

% autoconf -V | head -1
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57

So, can we find a better solution?  I think $cache_file points to the cache
file, but by default it is set to /dev/null - other parts of autoconf seem
to use test -r, so perhaps something like:

if test ! -r "$cache_file"; then
  export CC; export CPP
fi

What do you think?  -- justin