httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: 2.1.0-rc1 tarballs up for testing
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 17:22:35 GMT
--On Thursday, September 2, 2004 12:24 PM -0400 Geoffrey Young
<geoff@modperlcookbook.org> wrote:

> also, it might be nice for configure (or some earlier step) to determine
> that the required APR foo wasn't found and balk at that step.  or wherever
> makes sense to those more familiar with the build system than I am.  at the
> moment, since I don't have apr binaries in my path the first I discover
> there is something wrong is during make.

Huh?

% ./configure
checking for chosen layout... Apache
checking for working mkdir -p... yes
checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin7.5.0
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin7.5.0
checking target system type... powerpc-apple-darwin7.5.0

Configuring Apache Portable Runtime library ...

checking for APR... no
configure: error: APR not found.  Please read the documentation.
%

So, I'm not at all sure what you mean here.  -- justin