httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Corcoran" <mcorco...@warpsolutions.com>
Subject mod_cache does not return a 304 Not Modified
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:51:51 GMT
Hello,

I may be missing something in my Apache configuration, or maybe this is
a well-known problem....But, I can't seem to get mod_cache (with
mod_proxy and mod_disk_cache) to return a 304 Not Modified response even
when all of the headers of the in the HTTP request should produce a 304
response.  (of course, I can get a 304 Not Modified response IF I
include a "Cache-Control: max-age=0" header, but the 304 response in
that case is actually from the origin server, not from Apache).

I've looked at the code a little bit (Apache 2.0.50), and at first
glance, it seems as though proper 304 response handling might not
actually be fully implemented yet.  Is that actually the case, or am I
just missing something.

Thanks,
Mike.