httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: segfault patch for util_ldap (was:Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS)
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:28:25 GMT
At 04:59 PM 9/28/2004, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>   Since this patch was the last of three fixes for util_ldap and didn't
>make it into 2.0.52 because of lack of votes and since it fixes a
>segfault in util_ldap, now that it has the required votes, I would
>suggest we backport the fix and post the patch in /dist/httpd/patches.
>Any objections?

No objection to backporting.  Why not simply keep moving towards another
release starting in a week and a half?  The project as a whole is
making huge progress on many fronts - the concept of release early,
release often comes to mind.

We fix dozens of things per week, why would this merit special
placement in patches?  Seems like the sort of thing contrib was
made for.

And if you are asking if a special build of Netware + patch in
binaries is appropriate, I would vote Nay.  But if you want to
push for a release the day this patch is committed, that's the
right of every project member.

Bill