httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Removed 2.0.51 Win32 Binaries
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:07:52 GMT
At 08:55 AM 9/22/2004, you wrote:
>Perhaps the fix to bug #24801 I recently provided could be included as well...

This patch?

http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=12817

I'm not as familiar with this cache code, Graham could you look at this?

In any case, it's committed first to 2.1-dev, then reviewed by three
folks, then committed back to 2.0.  Unlikely to hit 2.0.52, but we will
be releasing a 2.0.53 soon.  If this is a regression from how 2.0.50
worked, we would redouble our efforts to include it immediately.

With every release, we announce this version "is the best version
available".  When a regression of something that worked in the previous
release suddenly breaks a new release, we work very hard to put it
right again so users can adopt the latest version.  It's a somewhat
greater weight to get those re-fixed than to fix each and every
outstanding bug.

Participating on the dev list certainly will help get your patches
reviewed more quickly, so thanks for pointing out that patch.

Bill