httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.1.0-rc1 tarballs up for testing
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 21:01:11 GMT
At 03:29 PM 9/2/2004, Geoffrey Young wrote:

>ok, I see what is going on.  I forgot I had an old installation in
>/usr/local/apache2, and that looks to be what was found - removing
>apr-config and apu-config from that installation and everything is fine.
>
>still, I thought that APR 1.0 used apr-[major]-config and not apr-config?
>if so, I find it strange that the build process accepted apr-config, but
>maybe I have my history misaligned :)

Installed in the system path - it must be apr-1-config, older
cvs HEAD builds installed apr-config and it must be manually
fixed.  But we concurred that if apr is in the httpd source
tree, e.g. srclib/apr/ - there was no reason to call it apr-1,
the user explictly wants to build with the apr contained inside
of srclib/.

Bill