httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: segfault ap_save_brigage in the latest 2.0
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:33:46 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:
> Let's continue this on dev@perl since it doesn't seem like there's an
> httpd bug currently.
>
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 01:49:29PM -0400, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>>Joe Orton <jorton@redhat.com> writes:
>>
>>[...]
>>

>>>when it did start up it would segfault consistently when running the
>>>tests you reference like:
>>>
>>>#0  pool_clear_debug (pool=0x441, file_line=0x2a95d3fc19 "undefined")
>>>    at memory/unix/apr_pools.c:1341
>>>1341	    while (pool->child)

>>Does this mp2 patch help?
>

> Yes, that fixed the segfaults triggered by the test cases for me.

joe++,

$subrequest->DESTROY calls ap_destroy_sub_req(r)

the bug was in calling it twice, once directly and once more indirectly.
But the problem is that it didn't affect the current request, but some
other specific request later on, so if it wasn't for Joe, I'd have lost a
way more hair than I did so far. I suppose that double call was corrupting
some memory, but it wasn't visible right away. Is it possible for
ap_destroy_sub_req(r) to somehow protect from this kind of problem? I
suppose that's not quite possible.

> Any ideas about how to fix the segfaults at startup time too?

I'll try to reproduce it now.