httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <>
Subject Re: Removed 2.0.51 Win32 Binaries
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:37:54 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>At 08:55 AM 9/22/2004, you wrote:
>>Perhaps the fix to bug #24801 I recently provided could be included as well...
>This patch?

>I'm not as familiar with this cache code, Graham could you look at this?
>In any case, it's committed first to 2.1-dev, then reviewed by three
>folks, then committed back to 2.0.  Unlikely to hit 2.0.52, but we will
>be releasing a 2.0.53 soon.  If this is a regression from how 2.0.50
>worked, we would redouble our efforts to include it immediately.
This issue actually goes way, way back to auth_ldap 1.6.0 (i.e. the Apache 1.3 module) at least.  The same changes fix auth_ldap
1.6.0 by the way (though the patch needs to be altered slightly in that
case as some of the surrounding type names, etc, are different).

>With every release, we announce this version "is the best version
>available".  When a regression of something that worked in the previous
>release suddenly breaks a new release, we work very hard to put it
>right again so users can adopt the latest version.  It's a somewhat
>greater weight to get those re-fixed than to fix each and every
>outstanding bug.
Understood -- and, no, this does not fall into this category.  This has
just been the one of the biggest issue with Apache for our customers (at
least that I am aware of) for quite some time.

>Participating on the dev list certainly will help get your patches
>reviewed more quickly, so thanks for pointing out that patch.
No problem.  It was buried in my various overly verbose and numerous
postings regarding util_ldap from last weekend.  [Sorry for the numerous

Jess Holle

View raw message