httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.51 util_ldap
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:43:20 GMT
Sorry for the chattiness of my solution process.  I've tested and these
fixes do apply with the global mutex changes *except* when one disables
caches by sizing them all to 0, Apache will crash on the first
authentication request when the global mutexes are used!  This needs to
be fixed!

I've attached a unified diff containing the purge fix and the unassigned
variable fix (which as Graham pointed out is already in the 2.1 branch).

I'm still wondering if we shouldn't just stick with the local read/write
lock on Windows and other single child MPMs (NetWare?) as this should
allow better throughput in such cases and yet be safe, right?  In fact,
why do we use shared memory on these platforms for the cache?  [If I'm
just daft here, I apologize.]

--
Jess Holle