httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.51 util_ldap
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:21:25 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>At 08:54 AM 9/17/2004, Jess Holle wrote:
>

>>... given the security and non-LDAP fixes in 2.0.51, I am now left pondering whether
I should move try backing the LDAP modules back to 2.0.50 while keeping all other 2.0.51 code.
 Ideas?

>>All in all, LDAP does not appear to be a happy camper on 2.0.51 on Windows.
>>

>That's an entirely rational solution, ABI should be strong enough
>at this point for 2.0.50 ldap to play nicely in your new 2.0.51.
>
>Bill

Actually, my plan was to use the 2.0.50 LDAP modules *sources* laid on
top the other 2.0.51 sources.  I'd hope ABI is strong enough now, but a
good clean compile gives me a nice comfy feeling.

I'm actually hoping to have time to test a variety of code points
between and including 2.0.50 and 2.0.51 to nail down a bit better which
changes led to which issues...

--
Jess Holle