httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTP proxy working for folks on 2.1-dev?
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 10:52:53 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> I had time dig into it enough to get the feeling that it is something
> that the balancer/worker folks ought to have a look at ;)  It would be
> a big headstart knowing what is supposed to happen in the handler
> hook.  See attached function call trace.  Does the balancer's handler
> have to return OK?  Does the balancer's proxy-pre_request hook have to
> return OK?

Just committed the needed changes to allow forward proxies.

Q:
Is it possible to have forward and reverse proxies mixed together
on the same box?
For example: The httpd is acting as forward proxy, but also has defined
few reverse proxies. In that case instead default worker we could
directly use reverse proxies workers together with balancing etc...

Regards,
MT.