httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Ristic <>
Subject Re: readTrivial enhancement request
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:33:22 GMT

> Perhaps I don't understand the request, but wouldn't it be
> straightforward for a module like mod_security to implement
> this feature by using one of the connection hooks, perhaps
> create_connection? Or even by registering an input filter
> at the beginning of the chain?

  I don't know. I haven't attempted to solve the problem
  that way yet, mostly because I feel the feature is important
  enough to exist without users having to install additional
  modules. That, and it exists in Apache 1.3.x.

  In the meantime, I have found where to add one line
  of the code to make this feature happen. I'll submit a
  patch for it some time in the near future.

ModSecurity (
[ Open source IDS for Web applications ]

View raw message