httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTP proxy working for folks on 2.1-dev?
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 15:21:14 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:

>>> proxyrequests on
>>> proxyvia on
>>> allowconnect 8081 80 8080
>>>

>> OK.
>>  From that config what would be remotes that
>> we could connect to?
>> Dynamically obtained from Via header or...?
>>
>> Seems to me that the balancer is totally unusable in
>> such a configuration.
>

> Keep in mind "proxyrequests on" enables forward proxy operation ala
> squid. Here the balancer could be used to choose between the best
> downstream website and/or proxy.

OK, but still what are the remotes to connect to?
If they are dynamically determined then I'll need to fix the
way the workers are determined.
Right now each physical box we can connect to has to be at least
once specified in the config.
The question is: Is it OK to resolve that on the first
successful request on the unspecified host?

It is not a problem to add the worker dynamically if never specified,
but I'm worried about the security in that case.
Is the NoProxy meant to be used in such situations?

Regards,
MT.