httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTP proxy working for folks on 2.1-dev?
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 06:39:43 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

>>If nobody can/has reproduced the problem, I'll dig into it this weekend.
>
> I had time dig into it enough to get the feeling that it is something
> that the balancer/worker folks ought to have a look at ;)  It would be
> a big headstart knowing what is supposed to happen in the handler
> hook.  See attached function call trace.  Does the balancer's handler
> have to return OK?  Does the balancer's proxy-pre_request hook have to
> return OK?

Balancer handler returns OK only if you set something like:
<Location /manager>
    SetHandler balancer-manager
</Location>
It is used for dynamic balancer manager (enabling/disabling members,
changing load factors, etc...).
So, just like any handler (status, info, ...) it should return DECLINED.

pre_request hook returns OK only if the balancer is found.
Looking in the trace you've provided, it behaves just as it should,
cause it seems that you didn't define any balancer in the config,
so none is found and DECLINED is returned.

If the balancer is not found (the uri doesn't start with
proxy:balancer://) then the each particular scheme handler is called.

What is the config that you are using. Does you requests get
passed with previous version of proxy. If they do, please post the
config so we can find why is it breaking.

Regards,
MT.