httpd-dev mailing list archives

From David Burry <dbu...@tagnet.org>
Subject Re: Removing the Experimental MPMs in 2.2?
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2004 00:13:42 GMT
Whether labeled "experimental" or not, it's always been very confusing
to me that the release ("stable") branch has modules in it that
developers know don't work at all and therefore should not ever be
attempted to be used by any ordinary user in any way whatsoever...

Therefore I agree, "stable branch, experimental directory" shouldn't be
a place for "known completely hosed and unusable" modules, it should be
a place for "seems to work fine for me, see how it works for you, but
this is pretty new and not necessarily as well tested in production on
every platform yet so use at your own risk" modules.  The "broken and
not yet finished enough for anyone to ever think about using yet even on
an experimental basis" modules should only be available in the "dev
branch, experimental directory" at least until someone believes they
work for at least some people on some platform.

Dave