httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: 2.1.0-rc1 tarballs up for testing
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 20:29:15 GMT

> Huh?
>
> % ./configure
> checking for chosen layout... Apache
> checking for working mkdir -p... yes
> checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin7.5.0
> checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin7.5.0
> checking target system type... powerpc-apple-darwin7.5.0
>
> Configuring Apache Portable Runtime library ...
>
> checking for APR... no
> configure: error: APR not found.  Please read the documentation.
> %
>
> So, I'm not at all sure what you mean here.

ok, I see what is going on.  I forgot I had an old installation in
/usr/local/apache2, and that looks to be what was found - removing
apr-config and apu-config from that installation and everything is fine.

still, I thought that APR 1.0 used apr-[major]-config and not apr-config?
if so, I find it strange that the build process accepted apr-config, but
maybe I have my history misaligned :)

> Remember that 2.1 is not intended for general availability: it is by,
> our definition, only a development release.
>
> I'd imagine, if we choose to separate apr and apr-util out (ambivalent
> on that), we'd have docs by the beginning of the 2.2 release cycle.

ok, that makes sense.  thanks.

--Geoff