httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@netmask.it>
Subject Re: transcode data before them are sent back to client...
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 11:09:33 GMT
Manos Moschous wrote:

> I am very new in this field and i need some directions.
> What am i want to do is to change the mod_proxy, so as i say in the subject
> to transcode(i have the code for the transcoding)
> the data in the proxy (mod_proxy) module before them are sent back to
> client.
>
> Client ---> PROXY ---> SERVER
>                 Here<<<------SERVER
>
> So, i need to know where exactly(inside the code of proxy_http.c) the data
> are recieved(for example the index.html), before they send back to the
> client.
> Do the module store the data somewhere temporarily(in a file) or send them
> immediately to the client?
> I think that everything is happening in the ap_proxy_http_process_response()
> function.

You go in the wrong direction.
Please read about Apache2 filters.
You will find a lot of information and examples in many articles, docs,
guides, and even books (such as Ryan's).
In addition, I suggest to subscribe to the modules mailing list, where
your question really belongs.

Good luck,
--
Eli Marmor